Total Pageviews

Recent Posts

Monday 31 October 2011

Van Persie: Feel like I can score every game


RVP: Feel like I can score every game

In-form Arsenal striker Robin van Persie says he feels like he can score every time he steps on to the pitch.

The Dutchman's hat-trick against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge saw the Gunners win 5-3 in an astonishing game on Saturday.

Van Persie's three strikes took his season tally in the Premier League to 10 and the forward can feel the confidence coursing through his veins.
In comments reported in the Daily Mirror, he said:"I feel I can score every time I go out on to the pitch.
"For me it's just the best feeling to have. It doesn't really matter against who we play, we always create chances so that means I always have a go. Then it's up to me to score.
"I'll miss chances, but I'll score them as well. To have that feeling is one of the best things in life."
After being written off in the early stages of the campaign, Arsenal have hit a purple patch that has seen them win eight out of nine games in all competitions and climb from 15th in the Premier League table at the beginning of the month to seventh after beating Chelsea.
Van Persie feels critics should now acknowledge Arsenal's form.
"I think we've been having a good run for almost two months now. A bit quiet, not many people have noticed it.
"But we won eight games out of nine and to win this one sets a standard. Everyone realises we can now do it against any team.
"It's [the match at Stamford Bridge] one of the craziest games I've been involved in. Eight goals says it all. They missed a couple of big chances and so did we.
"I had a feeling both teams could score from every angle, every minute of the game. Strange game, but fun as well.
"To score five goals here is a big achievement, and especially because we had to come back twice.
Arsenal were losing 1-0 and then 2-1 before leading 3-2. After Juan Mata equalised for Chelsea, the home sides looked to be favourites to win, but Van Persie's late brace ensured a famous win for Wenger's men.
"The 10 minutes before time they scored another equaliser. It's very hard to regroup again and go for the fourth. Two big blows," continued the 28-year-old.
"But we did it, we came back and showed ­character. To score five goals at ­Stamford Bridge is a big thing, we can be very proud."
Arsenal host Marseille in the Champions League next before taking on West Brom at the Emirates on Saturday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More